Canvas Instructure Learning Management System
- Henderson's supported learning management system
- Login - Logging in – Log in with your standard username (everything before the ‘@’ symbol of your HSU email address) and whatever password you set up. If you haven’t set up a password yet, you’ll need to follow the “Forgot Password?” link on the login page before following the steps it provides.
- Student App - Download and use the Canvas Student App for iPhone or Android.
3rd party LMS – Some professors may choose to use a publisher’s LMS like McGraw Hill or Cengage. These are not supported through Henderson. You will need to contact your professor or a representative with that company if you need assistance with that technology.
Student account services, computer login, grades (myHenderson)
Microsoft Services (email, storage, etc.)
Student email - provided through Office 365
Microsoft Office 365 - Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and more free to students
OneDrive - Data storage
Kaltura Capture System - Henderson's new official screen capturing and video recording system is available for all faculty staff and students with a Henderson email address. Easily make recordings from within Canvas or from the Kaltura Media Space webpage. Quickly edit videos, add quizzing features, and publish all from one location.
- Kaltura Media Space Login - Hendseron's online repository for the Kaltura Capture system. You don't need to be a Canvas user to access these features. You can log in to the Media Space using your HSU faculty/staff/student credentials to access all the same Kaltura features that can be found within Canvas.
Virtual meeting spaces
Microsoft Teams - Teams is a virtual meeting space and chat program that is also integrated with Canvas.
- Teams Login
- Kaltura Teams Tutorial - A playlist of Teams tutorials created by Microsoft.
- Teams Support
Respondus Lockdown Browser - LockDown Browser "locks down" the browser on a computer or tablet. Students are unable to copy, print, access other applications, or visit other websites during an online exam.
- Login - online available in Canvas
- Respondus Download For Students
- 24/7 Live Chat support – Respondus Monitor has live chat support (with real people) that can be accessed at any time.
Respondus Monitor - Respondus Monitor is a fully automated proctoring solution that enables students to take online exams at any time of the day or night, without pre-scheduling. Students use a webcam to record themselves during an exam. Respondus Monitor MUST be used with LockDown Browser.
- Respondus Monitor Help
- Respondus technology requirements
- Respondus Support portal
- Students will check out webcams at the Huie Library to use on the 2nd and 3rd floors and the 4 computers in the small Huie Library classroom.
Online Plagiarism & Writing Assistance
Grammarly - Grammarly is a grammar, spelling, and context checker designed to assist students and faculty with assorted writing projects. Grammarly provides a Chrome plug-in that provides real-time writing assistance. Grammarly has a plagiarism checker.