Frequently Asked Questions

How do I find an advisor?

Log in to CampusConnect from myHenderson. Your major and both departmental and professional advisors are shown on your dashboard. You can email either of your advisors from this site. Please note your selected major is listed. If this is not correct go to the Academic Advising Center, Foster Hall, Room 330, to change your major.

Where do I go to change my major?

Go to the Academic Advising Center, 3rd floor of Foster Hall, Room 330, to change your major.

I am unsure about my major. What should I do?

If you are unsure about the major you have chosen or have not yet chosen a major, schedule an appointment with the Academic Advising Center. The staff will be happy to assist you. You may be required to complete a “Do What You Are” personality assessment prior to being advised. Contact the Advising Center to schedule an appointment 870-230-5077.

To keep my scholarship, what GPA and hours do I need to maintain?

Scholarship requirements can be found on the Financial Aid website. You may also wish to visit with the Financial Aid staff, Womack Hall, 2nd floor. Or, give them a call 870.230.5148.

How many hours are considered full-time?

12 hours is full time.

What is the difference between academic probation and academic suspension?

A student will be placed on academic probation whenever his/her cumulative GPA falls below 2.00. A student once placed on probation who does not make at least a 2.00 average during a semester shall be suspended for one semester. A student who has returned on probation following a period of academic suspension or who has been reinstated by the Admissions and Adjustments Committee shall earn at least a 2.00 average each semester while on probation in order to continue as a student. A second suspension will be for one calendar year. If a student is suspended for a combination of three times for academic reasons at this institution, or any other, he/she will be dismissed from the university.

What is the difference between a semester GPA and a cumulative GPA?

The Cumulative GPA is the grade point average of all college courses undertaken at Henderson State University (HSU). A Semester GPA is the grade point average of the courses undertaken in a specific semester at HSU.

How can I figure my GPA?

Using the Academic Advising Center's GPA Calculator to figure your GPA. If you still need assistance talk with your advisor or visit with the Registrar’s Office.

How do I transfer to Henderson?

For students who have completed at least 12 transferable credit hours, you must be in good academic standing with your former institution and have a GPA of no less than 2.0 based on Henderson's computation of courses.

For students with fewer than 12 transferable credit hours, you must provide ACT, SAT or Accuplacer test scores that meet the minimum test score requirements for fresman admission.

Henderson's application

For additional questions, please contact the Office of Enrollment Services and Admissions @ 870.230.5028 or email

I am returning from suspension. What do I need to do?

Students returning after being placed on suspension status must apply for readmission. Once you are readmitted, you can reach out to your professional advisor by contacting the Academic Advising Center.