Each year at Henderson, we welcome students who transfer here from other colleges and universities. Transfer students play a vital role in our campus community, and they bring a valuable perspective with them.
Admission Requirements for Transfers
In order to transfer to Henderson from another school, you must meet the following admission requirements:
- For students who have completed at least 12 transferable credit hours, you must be in good academic standing with your current and former institution(s) and have a transferable GPA of no less than 2.0 based on Henderson’s computation of courses.
- For students with fewer than 12 transferable credit hours, you must also provide ACT or SAT test scores that meet the minimum test score requirements for freshman admission. You must also be in good academic standing with your current/former institution(s) and have a transfer GPA of no less than 2.0 based on Henderson's computation of courses.
Here are the items you’ll need:
- Henderson Application for Admission
- Separate official transcripts from each college attended
- Test Scores (if you’ve completed less than 12 hours transferable)
- Certification of immunization
Transfer and Credit
Prior college-level coursework completed at either a two-year or four-year institution will be evaluated only after a student is admitted to Henderson State University and once all prior transcripts are submitted. All transcripts should be submitted to the Office of Enrollment Services and Admissions in Womack Hall 103A. For information regarding transfer admission requirements please visit Henderson's transfer admissions page.