Scholarship applications for 2022-2023 open October 1, 2021!
The Henderson State University Foundation offers scholarships that may be applied for annually. These scholarships are made possible by contributions from private donors, alumni, faculty, staff, parents, campus organizations and corporations. Through the Henderson State Foundation Scholarship System, you can:
- Complete a simple and secure general scholarship application in a few minutes.
- Be automatically considered for many scholarships available through the Henderson State University Foundation.
- Be eligible for additional scholarships by answering a few supplemental questions.
- Do a keyword search for Henderson State University Foundation scholarships and review the criteria to see if your qualifications are a match.
Who can apply?
Current students who are enrolled at Henderson State University, as well as admitted freshmen and transfer students.
When can I apply?
The Scholarship applications for 2022-2021 open on October 1, 2021, and close on February 1, 2022. Deadline dates for individual scholarship applications may vary, so please refer to the HSU Foundation Scholarship System for deadlines. You will continue to be notified through your Reddies email account, this website, and on-campus advertisements to complete the scholarship application.
How do I apply?
Follow these easy steps to get started on the Henderson State University Foundation Scholarship System:
- Go to the HSU Foundation Scholarship System.
- Select "Sign In" and log in using your MyHenderson network ID and password.
- Complete your simple, online general application.
- Review recommended scholarship opportunities and apply for those with criteria you meet.
- Look through the list of available scholarships and apply for the rewards with criteria that match yours.
- Answer all questions and complete all essays thoughtfully. Essays are crucial to some scholarships so please remember to tell your story for those reviewing scholarships to have the full picture.
- Don't wait until the last minute.
- Visit the system regularly to see if there are new scholarships for which you may be eligible.
- If a thank you note is requested, be sure to submit it in a timely manner, as funds are not disbursed until these are received.
- Contact faculty for needed recommendations as early as possible.
Interested in reviewing available scholarships?
It is not necessary to sign in to the HSU Foundation Scholarship System to review the available scholarships. Anyone can visit the HSU Foundation Scholarship System website to view all available scholarships. Perform a keyword search to narrow down the list of scholarships. For example, if you are interested in scholarships available for freshmen, enter "freshman" in the keyword search box.
How will I be notified if I am chosen as a recipient?
- You will be notified via your Reddies email account.
- You may track the status of your scholarship applications in the HSU Foundation Scholarship System.
- Check the system regularly to monitor the status of your scholarship applications. If you are not chosen, this information will appear in your scholarship account.
When will I be notified if I am chosen as a recipient?
After applying, please check log-in your scholarship account frequently for updates. The review process begins after the scholarships close on February 1, 2022. Awarded recipients will be notifed via their @reddies email address if they are awarded a scholarship.
- Enrollment Policy: To be eligible for a HSU Foundation scholarship, you must be a currently enrolled student, incoming freshman, or transfer student who has been admitted to the university.
- Disbursement Policy: Scholarships are disbursed during the summer and are directly credited to recipients' HSU student accounts. Most scholarships are annual awards divided equally between the fall and spring semesters. If a student does not attend a portion of the school year, undisbursed funds are returned to the scholarship fund for a future award.
- Cancellation Policy: The HSU Foundation reserves the right to revoke a scholarship if the recipient is found to not meet the published criteria under which they were initially selected.
Scholarship endowments are managed through the Henderson State University Foundation. To learn more about establishing a new scholarship, please call the Henderson State University Foundation at 870-230-5347.