The specialty in Early Childhood Education is designed to provide licensed elementary education (K-6) teachers with the knowledge, competencies, and field experiences necessary to effectively serve the educational needs of children ages 3 and 4.
Requirements: To add an Age 3-4 Endorsement, candidates must successfully complete the specialty courses (or their undergraduate equivalents) and pass the required Praxis II Test. The 3-4 Endorsement is available to candidates who possess an Elementary Education K-6 license.
Courses required for the Early Childhood Education (Ages 3 – 4) specialty:
- SPE 6353 Advanced Studies in Early Childhood Special Education
- EDU 6303 School and Community Relations
- RDG 6153 Developmental Reading
- EDE 5573 Early Childhood Curriculum
- EDE 6703 Practicum Early Childhood
Three hours of advisor-approved electives are required.