The specialty in Dyslexia Therapy is designed to enable licensed teachers in Arkansas to obtain the knowledge and competencies to effectively serve students needing dyslexia intervention and meet the state’s licensure requirements for dyslexia therapists. The specialty will involve both special education and reading/literacy graduate level courses.
Candidates who desire licensure in Dyslexia Therapy make take the following five courses and pass the Praxis II test required by the state of Arkansas.
- RDG 6443 Diagnostic and Remedial Reading
- RDG 6133 Advanced Language Arts
- SPE 5103 Advanced Methods of Instructing Students with Mild/Moderate Disabilities (included in AIS degree Core)
- SPE 6163 Special Education Law (included in AIS degree Core)
- RDG 6493 Dyslexia Intervention Practicum
Dr. Gary Smithey
Advanced Instructional Studies