In order to be considered for admission to graduate school, an international student must produce a complete set of official credentials to establish that he/she meets all requirements for full admission to the particular program for which application is made. An international student is not eligible for conditional admission. Following is a complete list of credentials required for admission consideration:
- Apply to the Graduate School for admission.
- Evidence of a TOEFL score of 550 paper-based, 213 computer-based, or 80 internet-based.We will also accept a score of at least 6.0 on the IELTS. Henderson State University’s code number is 6272.
- A completed financial statement form verifying that he/she can financially support him/herself while a student in the United States (approximately $14,962 per calendar year, including living expenses). This is only an estimate as tuition and housing costs are subject to change. All applicants must be financially independent, as there is no financial aid guaranteed to international students attending HSU. Limited graduate assistantships are available. Tuition and fees are required at the time of registration and must be paid in U.S. funds.
- A certified transcript(s) in English from an accredited credential evaluation agency, indicating satisfactory preparation to enter the graduate school.
- International students are required to purchase medical insurance through HSU. The cost is approximately $136.17/month (this amount is subject to change). Payment of the insurance premium is to be made before or at the time of registration each semester. The medical insurance is mandatory.
- Please submit the necessary paperwork, as listed, via your online application portal using the checklist on your Status Page. You will also find a link on that page to pay your $75 application fee via Flywire. The Graduate School will then determine your eligibility for admission. Files must be completed by Nov. 30 for spring admission and June 30 for fall admission.
When the above five (5) requirements are satisfactorily completed, the international student will receive a letter of admission and an I-20 form. In order to obtain a travel visa and to enter into this country, the international student must present the I-20 form to the American Consulate located in his/her country.
Upon receiving a letter of admission, international students should contact the office of residence life at 870-230-5083 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org, so that living arrangements can be secured in one of the residence halls if such services are needed.
If an International Student is chosen for a graduate assistantship, ALL paperwork and documentation must be completed and turned into the graduate office by the first day of registration in order for an international student to qualify for a graduate assistantship. If any aspect of the student's paper work is not complete by the end of the first day of registration, then that position will be assigned to another student or will go unfilled for the remainder of the semester.
International students should review the university calendar carefully and must arrive no later than one day prior to registration; however, additional time is recommended. All international students entering HSU must attend a mandatory international orientation. LATE ARRIVALS WILL NOT BE ALLOWED TO ENROLL AT HENDERSON STATE UNIVERSITY. If international or other students notify us of arrival date, time, airline and flight number into the Little Rock airport, HSU will attempt to coordinate travel accommodations to the campus.