Huie Library and COVID-19
The physical library building may be closed, but Huie Library is here to provide support in these uncertain times. Use our Research Coach Google Form for any issues you may have with research or accessing online library resources. Please check back on this page for any major updates on library hours, services, and resources. Please consider following us on Facebook, Twitter, or Instagram for additional updates.
Along with the majority of Henderson State buildings, Huie Library will be closed through the end of the Spring 2020 semester.
Get Help from Huie
Need help accessing, finding, or using Huie Library resources for your research? Fill out our Research Coach Google Form and one of our librarians will get back to you as soon as possible.
- Are you brand new to library research? We created an Intro to Library Research Guide!
We have a variety of online resources available!
- Huie SuperSearch - a search engine that searches across many of our databases and collections
- EBSCO's Academic Search Complete - "comprehensive database that covers a wide variety of subjects from animal studies to physics."
- JSTOR - "includes interdisciplinary archives of over one thousand leading academic journals across the humanities, social sciences, and sciences, as well as select monographs and other materials valuable for academic work."
- ProQuest eBook Central
- AND many more research databases,
- we even have our databases organized by subject for your convenience.
- Current HSU students, faculty, and staff also have access to our Overdrive Library of eBooks and audiobooks. Download the Libby app and add Henderson State University, Huie Library.
Most of Huie's resources are available off-campus!
- Make sure you know your MyHenderson login information. That is the login information you will use to sign in and access our databases.
- If you have trouble logging in, fill out our Research Coach Google Form or contact Brian George.
If you have materials that are due back to the library during the closure and you are unable to renew online, we will not penalize you! You may still receive late notices, but know that those will be taken care of when the library re-opens.
Interlibrary loan will have limited functions in the interim. If you have items that are due during the closure, we will work with the borrowing libraries to make sure there are no penalties.
Our dropboxes will be open. You may leave Huie Library and Interlibrary Loan materials in the dropbox if you wish.