Are you a registered nurse and want to complete your four-year degree? At Henderson State University’s Department of Nursing, registered nurses can earn their Bachelor of Science in Nursing degrees in one year. You can enter class in the spring or fall semester.
If you hold a current RN license and have a cumulative grade point average of 2.0, Henderson State has the perfect program for you. Our RN to BSN completion track will let you continue your current nursing job while you prepare to earn more and climb higher on the career ladder. Courses are all online allowing you to set your own schedule!
You don’t have to sacrifice family or career to achieve your BSN. Henderson State focuses on students, and our program will allow you the freedom to pursue your dreams.
- Hold a current, unencumbered Arkansas, Texas or Multistate Registered Nurse License
- GPA of 2.0 or above
- Have graduated from an associate degree or diploma program that was NLNAC or ACEN accredited OR Arkansas State Board Approved at the time of graduation
- Have completed non-nursing courses as listed on degree plan (exceptions at discretion of Track Director)
- Verification of Hours Worked as Nurse/Progression Testing and Work Experience Requirements (Per the Arkansas Nursing Articulation Model, if less than 12 months after graduation, there is no testing for progression required. If greater than 12 months after graduation, there is no testing for progression required if during past 12 to 24 months you have had at least 1000 hours of nursing employment.)
How to Apply
What to Know
Admission is conditional pending results of background check and drug screen.
Once you are conditionally accepted, you will complete and pass the CastleBranch Certified Background Check, Drug Screen and Compliance Tracker to be fully accepted into the Nursing Program. Go to https://mycb.castlebranch.com, and in the upper right hand corner, enter the Package Code HP13: Background Check-Drug Test. The Department of Nursing has partnered with CastleBranch Compliance Tracker to provide you with a secure account to manage your time sensitive school and clinical requirements (example: TB skin test, Hepatitis B series, CPR certification, etc.)
Program of Study Information
Students accepted to the Online RN to BSN Program:
- Will be awarded up to 41 nursing credit hours for prior nursing courses
- Must have previously completed 49 hours of pre-requisite/general education credit hours per Henderson State degree plan
- Will complete 33 hours of nursing core courses as indicated on the Plan of Study
- Residency Requirements: Must complete the last 30 of 36 credit hours at Henderson State University
- Must complete a minimum of 120 credit hours for graduation
The baccalaureate degree program in nursing at Henderson State University is accredited by the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (http://www.ccneaccreditation.org).
Note for Texas residents: Henderson State University is not regulated in Texas under Chapter 132 of the Texas Education Code. Henderson State University is approved and regulated by the Arkansas Division of Higher Education and is accredited by the Higher Learning Commission.
Students seeking to resolve a complaint should pursue the processes outlined in the Student Code of Conduct and Academic Integrity and Academic Conduct Policies and Processes. A student may also file a grievance to the Arkansas Department of Higher Education. Out-of-state students should follow the HSU processes and then can appeal to ADHE if needed.
1100 Henderson St
Arkadelphia, AR 71999