Nursing is a fulfilling career rich with opportunities to help people and improve their quality of life. Our program is dedicated to providing you with the education and experience you need to pursue a career in nursing. Our nursing classes are small, with low student-to-instructor ratios that help to facilitate student success. Our students obtain high first-time pass rates on the RN-NCLEX. Historically our graduates obtain 100 percent employment within three months of graduation.
Our bachelor’s degree programs prepare professional nurses to pursue graduate degrees as well. We also offer the following nursing degree options:
- BSN on campus in Arkadelphia/LPN to BSN on campus
- RN to BSN online
- Dual enrollment with National Park College
The mission of the Henderson State University Department of Nursing is to provide both a liberal and professional nursing education to produce safe, generalist nurses. Graduates of this program will demonstrate an understanding of theory as it relates to nursing practice. This program prepares professional nurses to pursue higher education.
Nursing Program Goals
- Prepare a professional nurse who recognizes and uses resources for nursing and health care in the community.
- Educate nurses in holistic concepts of humanity, environment, and health.
- Prepare professional nurses who understand the role of research and theory to improve nursing and health care.
- Provide a foundation for advanced study of nursing.
BSN Learning Outcomes
- Demonstrate responsibility and accountability in the role of the professional nurse.
- Use clinical reasoning to make decisions regarding nursing care.
- Manage resources necessary to promote and maintain conditions for optimum health.
- Apply findings from nursing and health care research when planning nursing and health care.
- Select concepts of professional nursing necessary for effective and efficient client care delivery.
Why Henderson Nursing?
Employment Rates within 3 Months of Graduation
- 2020 - 100%
- 2019 - 96%
- 2018 - 100%
- 2017 - 100%
- 2016 - 100%
Arkansas State Board of Nursing NCLEX first time pass rates:
- FY 2020 - 95%
- FY 2019 - 92.6%
- FY 2018 -100%
- FY 2017 - 100%
- FY 2016 - 80%
Henderson State NCLEX first time pass rates:
- Class of 2020 - 100%
- Class of 2019 - 87%
- Class of 2018 - 100%
- Class of 2017 - 100%
- Class of 2016 - 100%
- Arkansas State Board of Nursing Loans & Scholarships
- Arkansas Graduate Nursing Student Loan and Scholarship Program
- Health Resources & Services Administration Health Workforce Loans & Scholarships
- Henderson State University Foundation Scholarships
- Johnson & Johnson, Discover Nursing Scholarships
- Many health care employers offer tuition reimbursement
- Affordable tuition with payment plans available
The baccalaureate degree program in nursing at Henderson State University is accredited by the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (http://www.ccneaccreditation.org).