Our courses in mathematics and statistics are designed to meet the needs and interests of students who plan to teach mathematics in elementary and secondary schools, to give students a strong foundation for graduate study, and to prepare students for a variety of rewarding careers. Potential employment opportunities include banking, securities, market research, insurance, manufacturing, wholesale and retail trade, government agencies, and industries.
Many of our mathematics graduates currently have successful careers as college professors, high school teachers, industry consultants, market research analysts, financial analysts, and statisticians. Mathematics and statistics are indispensable to an impressive number of disciplines, and the list is growing. Click here for the ten highest-paying majors in 2019.
- Pure Mathematics: A program based on MAA standards for students who seek a broad background in mathematics or intend to study mathematics at the graduate level.
- Secondary Mathematics Licensure: A nationally recognized, NCTM and CAEP accredited program for students who wish to prepare to teach mathematics at the secondary level (grades 7–12) or intend to study mathematics education at the graduate level.
- Statistics: A program based on ASA standards for students who wish to pursue a more applied career or intend to study statistics at the graduate level.
- Mathematics B.S. (Pure track)
- Mathematics B.S. (Education 7-12 Licensure)
- Mathematics B.S. (Statistics track)
- Mathematics Minor
- Statistics Minor
- Statistics Certificate
Dr. Carolyn Eoff
Chair, Mathematics, Computer Science, and Statistics
Henderson State University
1100 Henderson Street
HSU Box 7702
Arkadelphia, AR 71999-0001