Scores from the GRE General Test or alternate test, MAT, are required for admission to many areas of Henderson State University's Graduate School. The General Test measures skills that have been acquired over a long period of time and that are not related to any specific field of study. The General Test yields separate scores for the verbal, quantitative, and analytical abilities related to success at the graduate level of education.
The computer-based General Test is administered Monday through Friday mornings in the Prometric Testing Center located in the Caplinger Airway Science Academic Center.
The computer-based GRE is an adaptive test which means that the next question the examinee gets is based on the answer to the present question. As a result, examinees are not able to go back to change answers.
The paper-based Subject Test measures achievement in particular fields of study. Each Subject Test assumes either an undergraduate major or extensive background in the specific field. Although not required by Henderson State University, the Subject Tests are also given. Subject Tests are available in the following areas:
- Biochemistry, Cell and Molecular Biology
- Computer Science
- Literature in English
- Mathematics (Rescaled)
Total testing time for each Subject Test is 2 hours 50 minutes except for the Music Test, which has a total testing time of 3 hours. On test date, report to your assigned testing center at the required time for the Subject Tests. You will not be admitted if you are late.
What to Bring
- Admission ticket
- Acceptable Photo Identification: Current Official Photo ID, Recently Published Photo, or Notarized statement with Photo
- Three or four sharpened soft-lead (No. 2) pencils with erasers (for paper-based tests only).
For More Information
- Visit www.ets.org/gre for more information.
- CBT Registration: 1-800-GRE-CALL (available in Arkadelphia, Fort Smith, Jonesboro, and Little Rock)
- Registration: 1-609-771-7670
- FAX: 1-609-520-1092
- Test Takers with Disabilities: 1-609-771-7780
- Score Reports: 1-888-GRE-SCORE