Due to Hurricane Laura, the registration deadline has been extended to noon Monday, August 31st, 2020. All registrations and payments must be received by this time.
Panhellenic recruitment offers an opportunity to meet chapter members and peers, while learning what each sorority has to offer. Throughout the process, Recruitment Counselors (Rho Gam’s) will answer all questions that may arise while participating in recruitment. Participating in the recruitment process does not require a person to join a chapter, but enables her to explore and learn more about the campus and Greek community. This is a great way to meet new people and find out about different ways to get involved on campus. This process is intended to be a positive, fun, and enriching experience for everyone who participates.
September 1 - September 4, 2020 (details TBA)
Tuesday, September 1 - Recruitment Orientation (details TBA)
Saturday, September 5 - Bid Day (details TBA)
How To Register:
Welcome to Recruitment 2020! We are extremely excited to know that you have expressed interest in joining a sorority at Henderson State University! Please read the following information thoroughly because you must agree to the following terms before submitting this application.
It will take 30-45 minutes to complete the registration form. In addition, you are only allowed to register “ONCE”. If there are duplicate registration forms from the same person, Panhellenic reserves the right to use the first registration form completed within the system. So, please make sure your information is correct when registering.
Things You Will Need To Register:
1) A Laptop or Desktop should be used when registering.
2) Use the "Chrome" internet browser when completing your application.
3 ) Your Resume. Chapter members will focus heavily on this registration form. So, please be sure to list all extracurricular activities, honors, community service, and work experience. It is strongly encouraged that you have your resume available. Your registration form should mirror your resume.
4) Your High School Transcript or a Recent Grade Report Card. See Section "B" below.
5) A Most Recent Head Shot Photograph (i.e. Senior Pictures).
6) Your T-Shirt Size.
7) Payment by check or money order of $30 is required at the time of registration. Registration fee is non-refundable. Make checks payable to: “HSU-NPC”, PO Box 7553, Arkadelphia, AR 71999-001
8) Optional Video: This year, we are encouraging potential new members to upload a video to introduce themselves to chapters. In the video, please state your name and hometown. You should then share what is unique about you. Please keep this video to one minute. This video should be recorded on your phone and then uploaded to your registration application. Please click here to find more helpful tips before submitting your video. Sample Video Instructions
9) All of these things must be submitted at the time of application. Once submitted, your application is final. You will not be able to edit, revise, add, and/or remove.
Other Helpful Tips Regarding Registration:
A) SAT and ACT scores are required fields. If you did not take the SAT, put "0" for your score, and further down the form in the "Additional Information" box, type "I did not take the SAT."
B) Send your official transcript to the Admissions Office. This applies for women who recently graduated high school and for transfer students. Students who completed their freshman year at Henderson State University, and are participating in recruitment as a sophomore, do not need to send their transcripts to Admissions. The deadline for sending in transcripts is August 14, 2020.
C) Pay the non-refundable application fee after you complete your online application (#10 above). The Recruitment fee is $30.00. The deadline for Recruitment registration is Friday, August 28, 2020 at 11:59 pm CST.
Mail your registration fee to the following address:
HSU Office of Sorority & Fraternity Life
P O Box 7553
Arkadelphia, AR 71999-0001
* Please make checks or money orders payable to “HSU-NPC”. We're sorry, but we do not accept cash as a form of payment.
** Sorority applications will not be completed until the application fee is received.
D) Information about where to meet for Recruitment Orientation in August will be emailed to you before Recruitment begins.
***Please note: You MUST register with Henderson State University Panhellenic Council to be considered eligible to participate in Recruitment 2020, including completing our Official Panhellenic Recruitment Application online (#10 above), as well as submitting a payment. The last day to register is August 31, 2020 at 12 pm (noon) CST.
If you do not receive an email confirmation stating you have registered with the Henderson State University Panhellenic Council immediately upon completion of your online registration form, all potential new members are encouraged to contact our office at firstname.lastname@example.org.