- Hyflex streaming, sanitation of equipment, teaching stations, etc.
- Henderson's supported learning management system
- Canvas FAQ Page
- Canvas Status Page
- Supported browsers
- Canvas App for iPhone and Android - Select the teacher App.
- Canvas App for Android FAQ
- Canvas App for iOS FAQ
Lecture & screen capture
Kaltura Capture System - Henderson's new official screen capturing and video recording system is available for all faculty, staff, and students with a Henderson email address. Easily make recordings from within Canvas or from the Kaltura Media Space webpage. Quickly edit videos, add quizzing features, and publish all from one location.
- HSU's Kaltura Information Page - Here you can find links to tutorial videos, support, and other information regarding Kaltura
- Kaltura Media Space Login - Hendseron's online repository for the Kaltura Capture system. You don't need to be a Canvas user to access these features. You can log in to the Media Space using your HSU faculty/staff/student credentials to access all the same Kaltura features that can be found within Canvas.
- Kaltura Tutorial Videos
- Kaltura in Canvas Tutorial Videos
- Kaltura Knowledge Center
- Kaltura Status Page
TechSmith Relay/Knowmia – Henderson's official screen capturing and video recording system for all faculty, staff, and students with a Henderson email address. Make recordings that can easily be shared through Canvas while also giving you access to track views, include questions during the video, and even do some minor editing. It can also be used outside of Canvas, but all users must use a Relay/Knowmia account to create or view content.
NOTE: HSU is currently moving from TechSmith/Knowmia to Kaltura. This migration will take place over the course of the Fall 2021 semester and will conclude at the end of the year at that point access to Techsmith and any saved content will no longer be available. Access to Techsmith/Knowmia will be removed in January 2022.
- Login - or go to henderson.techsmithrelay.com. Use your Henderson email address to sign up and sign in. You should NOT be asked for a keycode. If you are, please open a support ticket here.
- TechSmith Relay/Knowmia's help and support page (with lots of tutorials)
- Support - Open a support ticket with TechSmith by going to this page or by calling TechSmith Support: 888-750-0686
- TechSmith Fuse (mobile App) (this link has the download for Android and Apple products plus tutorials).
- TechSmith Knowmia basics video tutorial
- Spring 2019 Old Relay to New Relay migration webpages
YouTube – You are welcome to record using whatever recording program you want and upload the recording to your own YouTube channel (using your Henderson email address)
Virtual meeting spaces
Zoom – This creates a video conferencing session that can invite people with or without a zoom account. Some faculty have been identified by their dean as individuals who need a pro Zoom license with unlimited session times. All other faculty will have a free version that allows up to a 40-minute session. Storage comes at a premium price. Please do NOT record in Zoom. Recording through TechSmith Relay/Knowmia is recommended.
Google Meet – Part of Henderson's Google Suite for Education account. It is already available within your Google Calendar without any extra account creations or setup. Students do NOT need to have a Google account.
BigBlueButton – Built into Canvas as Conferences and designed to be a virtual classroom. Recordings are available for 14 days.
Respondus Lockdown Browser - LockDown Browser "locks down" the browser on a computer or tablet. Students are unable to copy, print, access other applications, or visit other websites during an online exam.
- Login - online available in Canvas
- Student Download Link
- Respondus Lockdown Help
- Respondus technology requirements
- Respondus Support portal
- Data privacy information sheet
- Respondus sponsored faculty workshop schedule
- A recording of an introduction to Respondus for faculty members
- Rapid rollout guide for instructors - These resources will help instructors get started quickly
Respondus Monitor - Respondus Monitor is a fully automated proctoring solution that enables students to take online exams at any time of the day or night, without pre-scheduling. Students use a webcam to record themselves during an exam. Respondus Monitor MUST be used with LockDown Browser.
Online Plagiarism & Writing Assistance
TurnItIn - Available in Canvas as an Assignment setting. Turnitin solutions promote academic integrity, streamline grading and feedback, deter plagiarism, and improve student outcomes.
Grammarly - Grammarly is a grammar, spelling, and context checker designed to assist students and faculty with assorted writing projects. Grammarly provides a Chrome plug-in that provides real-time writing assistance. Grammarly has a plagiarism checker.
Instructional Design Services
Henderson provides instructional design consultation and services through the office of Academic Technology.
- Make an appointment request through the Help Desk