Microsoft .NET Full Stack Developer
Henderson State University is looking for a talented individual to support, design, and build high-quality software systems using the .NET framework. This individual will be the lead developer in a small, dynamic team.
- The ideal candidate must be able to demonstrate extensive knowledge of .NET/C#, ASP.NET MVC, WebAPI, Entity Framework, and SQL Server.
- This individual should be self-motivated, with strong analytical and social skills, possess the ability to learn quickly, and be able to handle multiple projects simultaneously.
Job Description and Responsibilities
- The position holder must be able to work in a developers team environment and to communicate and with peers with a focus on customer service and satisfaction
- Develop system requirements and perform systems feasibility analysis
- Write scalable, clean code based on specifications
- Improve existing software
- Revise, debug, update code; and develop the documentation throughout the Software Development Life Cycle
- Provide technical support to the clients and train end users
- Collect software requirements and specifications from customer/users
- Evaluate products and technologies related to a project
- Develop client displays and user interfaces
- Provide user support and to configure existing systems
- Maintain, modify and manage software applications and systems in consultation with end-users
- Perform complex programming, developing design and analysis to meet business requirements
- Support and coordinate with software professionals in analyzing and installing tools and applications.
Desired Knowledge or willingness to learn/acquire new skills
Database design is desirable or willingness to acquire this type of skills on the job.
Experience as DBA is a plus but not required. Data Warehouse applications knowledge is a plus but not required.
Experience: Five years of experience with .Net, C# and Microsoft SQL Server and Software library/frameworks
Education/Experience: Bachelor’s in Computer Science or IT, Information Systems, Computer Engineering or related discipline plus five (5) years of Experience with .Net, C# and Microsoft SQL Server and Software library/frameworks or Associate degree in Computer Science, IT, or Information Systems plus ten (10) years of Experience with .Net, C# and Microsoft SQL Server and Software library/frameworks
Salary: Competitive, commensurate with skills level and experience with MS.NET frameworks and MS.SQL
Closing date: Review of applications will begin immediately as each application is received. Applications review will continue until the position is filled.
Application: Applicants must send a single PDF-file consisting of the following four (4) merged documents:
- A 1-page letter, explicitly comparing job requirements versus the applicant’s skills and experience;
- Names and contact (i.e. email address, and phone number) of three references
- Unofficial transcripts
Send the single PDF file to: BuckL@hsu.edu.
The final applicant for this position will be required to submit to a background screening including a criminal background check pursuant to university policy. The applicant will also be required to provide official transcripts to Human Resources. Under the provisions of Arkansas’ Freedom of Information Act, applications are subject to public inspection upon written request.