Eight Henderson State University students will vie for the title of Miss HSU 2020 at 6 p.m. February 23 in Arkansas Hall. The competition will include interview, social impact statement, talent, on-stage question, and evening gown, and is a preliminary event for Miss Arkansas.
The evening will also include the Miss HSU Outstanding Teen Pageant with five contestants.
Competing for Miss HSU are:
• Keyuna Thrower, a sophomore entrepreneurship major from Hot Springs.
• Teddi-Ann Hulke, a sophomore vocal music education major from Cabot.
• Perin Creek, a sophomore health and physical education major from Redwater, Texas.
• Jordan Jones, a freshman biology major from Glenwood.
• Dominique Walker, a clinical mental health counseling major from Blytheville.
• Dawn Coffman, a graduate student from Texarkana, Texas, majoring in clinical mental health and school counseling.
• Peyton Davis, a sophomore hospitality tourism and event planning major from Cabot.
• Aiyanna Bartley, a junior biochemistry, pre-med major from Washington, D.C.
Outstanding teen contestants are: Marisol Sela from Maumelle; Aishani Singh from Hot Springs; Avery Garner from Arkadelphia, Sasha Stamps from Benton; and Ansleigh Patrick from Ashdown.
Admission is $10 at the door, and $5 for children 6-12. Admission is free for children 5 and under, students with valid HSU ID, and visiting royalty.
Ricki Rebollar, spirit coordinator for Henderson athletics and alumni relations, will serve as competition host.