Getting Started With Financial Aid
Before receiving an award of financial assistance from HSU, you must be accepted for admission into an undergraduate degree program. Submit an application for admission to the University accompanied by an official copy of your high school record. Transfer students should forward all transcripts from previous institutions to the Admissions Office at Henderson State University, before any financial aid awards can be processed.
Need-based financial assistance requires filing the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) which can be completed at www.fafsa.gov. Henderson State University's school code is 001098 and the priority filing deadline for the University is April 15.
It is to your benefit to apply early. The best financial aid packages are given to students who have adequately planned and prepared for their college education. Complete FAFSA on line by Henderson State University's priority filing deadline of April 15.
Missing Document Letter
If you receive a missing document letter or email from the Office of Financial Aid requesting additional information from you before we can send you a financial aid award letter, please respond. Please contact our office if you have questions. Also, check out the HSU Financial Aid web site as many of documents needed can be found in the “forms to download” section.
Student Rights and Responsibilities
Henderson State University is committed to working with each student to provide the best financial aid package possible. In order to maintain your financial aid, it will be necessary for you to meet and maintain the Satisfactory Progress standards as defined on the referenced Satisfactory Progress Policy.
Following is a list of basic rights and responsibilities of the students in regard to
- Students must apply for financial aid by completing the FAFSA Application on line at www.fafsa.gov.
- Financial aid information and counseling will be available.
- Students will be considered for financial aid on a first-come, first-served basis.
- Students will be informed of the specific type of financial aid by email or mail.
- Students receiving financial aid must inform the Office of Financial Aid about additional awards, changes to on campus status or any other items that pertain to their financial aid.
- Students must maintain satisfactory academic progress toward academic goals.