Independent Study

Purpose: Henderson State University does not offer independent study courses; however, with prior approval, Henderson will accept correspondence courses for college credit. Independent study through correspondence courses may provide an alternative to time or course conflicts and also cut down on college time and costs. Henderson's testing center does administer correspondence tests from other colleges and universities.

Restrictions: There are restrictions for earning credit through correspondence courses. Refer to the current Henderson catalog and seek guidance from your advisor and the registrar.


  • Students can pick up independent study bulletins in the Registrar's Office.
  • The student should first see his or her advisor to determine which correspondence course(s) would be approved for credit.
  • The application must be approved and signed by the registrar.
  • Request that the final exams be sent to the director of testing at Henderson State University (address on this page).
  • Call (870) 230-5470 to make an appointment to take the test.
  • At test time, report to CAS 125 with a pictured I.D. and a $25 proctor fee.
  • Upon correspondence course completion, request an official transcript from the institution of independent study be sent to the Registrar's Office at Henderson State University.


Weather Icon
Javascript must be enabled to view the current weather conditions