VP Pending Payment Compliance
In accordance with Title 38 US Code 3679(c), this educational institution adopts the following additional provisions for any students using U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs (VA) Post 9/11 G.I. Bill (CH. 33) or Vocational Rehabilitation & Employment (CH. 31) benefits, while payment to the institution is pending from VA. This educational institution will not:
- Prevent the student's enrollment;
- Assess a late penalty fee to the student;
- Require the student to secure alternative or additional funding;
- Deny the students access to any resources (access to classes, libraries, or other institutional facilities) available to other students who have satisfied their tuition and fee bills to the institution.
However, to qualify for this provision, such students may be required to:
- Produce the VA Certification of Eligibility (COE) by the first day of class;
- Provide a written request to be certified;
- Provide additional information needed to properly certify the enrollment as described in other institutional policies.
*To implement these measures the HSU Business Office will notate a receivable on the account of students with pending payments from DOD.