Computer Support Technician (40 hours/week)
COMPUTER SUPPORT TECHNICIAN
$14.07 per hour
40 hours per week
Applications will be accepted until 5:00 p.m. on April 7, 2017, in the Office of Human Resource, Womack 209.
The Computer Support Technician works under general supervision and is responsible for specialized assignments in different functional areas such as, technical services, networking or user support. This position is governed by standard procedures and institution policy.
Examples of Work
- PC -- Setup new Desktop, Laptop, and Tablet Computers. Must have Mac experience. Configure all settings for users and administrators. Research various problems including, but not limited to viruses, and software compatibility. Replace and upgrade hardware.
- Security experience with cameras, DVR’s, door entrances.
- Printers -- Install, configure, and troubleshoot printers; both local and network type. Maintain paper quantity. Replace laser jet toner cartridges.
- Network -- Setup and maintain wired and wireless networks. Prepare and punch down patch cables to hubs and switches. Run wire to and from switches and hubs. Maintain network jacks. Maintain wires for presentation.
- Telephony -- Wiring and troubleshooting telephone systems including the wiring, punch downs, and jacks
- Support -- Assist students, faculty, and staff with miscellaneous problems related to telephones and computer problems including, but not limited to, logging on and password resetting. Communicate by phone and email with technical support to diagnose problems and arrange for the repair of malfunctioned hardware.
- Assists other technicians with specialized job requirements
- Prepare written and typed reports including work completed and updating progress.
- Performs related responsibilities as required or assigned.
The Computer Support Technician has frequent contact with other technicians, users and programmers.
Special Job Dimensions
Occasional work may be required after hours.
The formal education of a high school diploma; plus one year of specialized training in computer service. Other job related education and/or experience may be substituted for all or part of these basic requirements upon approval of the Qualifications Review Committee.
The applicant selected for this position will be required to submit to a background screening, including criminal background check, substance abuse testing, and financial records check.
Henderson State University is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Affirmative Action Employer with a significant commitment to the achievement of excellence and diversity among its faculty, staff, and students.