Henderson State University's Army Reserve Officers' Training Corps (ROTC) program provides college students with the opportunity to combine world-class leadership and management training with their other academic studies. Upon successful completion of the program and graduation from college, young men and women become Army Lieutenants in either the Active Army or the Reserve Components.
Army ROTC is the Best Leadership Course in America. HSU ROTC is looking for the Scholar - Athlete - Leader.
ROTC Equals Long Term Success. ROTC is the college elective that teaches the decision-making, management skills, leadership, and discipline that will enhance the student’s future success in either a military or a civilian career.
The Edge. ROTC gives the student the edge for success. Army ROTC courses teach you how to succeed in a competitive world in college and beyond.
Financial Assistance. Merit-based scholarships are available to those who qualify. Additionally, those in the program are eligible to receive a monthly tax-free stipend.
As an Army Officer, you become a member of a well-respected profession and immediately are placed into leadership positions of significant responsibility. In addition to enjoying the opportunity to make a real contribution to the defense of our nation, you receive an extremely competitive salary and benefit package.
Upon earning an Officer’s commission, participants in Army ROTC enjoy many benefits often not available to their contemporaries who did not enroll in the program. Examples of those benefits include:
• A highly competitive salary and benefit package
• Worldwide travel opportunities and interesting duty assignments
• A supplemental income for life upon retirement from 20 years of Army service
• 100% paid medical, dental and vision insurance programs
• A generous life insurance program
• 30 days of annual paid vacation
• Education benefits that also may be transferred to next of kin
• Transition assistance if you elect to reenter civilian life
• World-class family services
• Development of leadership skills that are highly coveted in the private sector
• The respect and appreciation of the nation for their service
CONTACT OUR CADRE AND STAFF FOR MORE INFORMATION
MAJ Ben Feicht, MS IV Instructor
MAJ Duane Green, MS III Instructor
MAJ Willie Chaple, Instructor
Jerusha "J" Schofer, Administrative Assistant II
Cadet Command Head Quarters additional information - http://www.cadetcommand.army.mil