Veterans Upward Bound
Veterans Upward Bound (VUB) is a federally funded program by the U.S.
Department of Education, designed to motivate and assist veterans in the
development of academic and other requisite skills necessary for
acceptance and success in a program of post-secondary education. The
program provides assessment and enhancement of basic skills through
counseling, mentoring, tutoring and academic instruction in the core
subject areas. The primary goal of the program is to increase the rate
at which participants enroll in and complete post-secondary education
Our office is located at
1020 Hickory Street
Arkadelphia, AR 71923
Office Hours: Monday through Friday 8 am – 5 pm
(877) 832-5710 Toll Free
(870) 230-5708 Fax
Henderson State University
1100 Henderson St.
HSU Box 7503
Arkadelphia, AR 71999
Services / Activities:
- Education or counseling services designed to improve the financial and economic literacy of participants
- Instruction in reading, writing, study skills, and other subjects necessary for success in education beyond high school
- Academic, financial, and personal counseling
- Tutorial services and study skill development
- Assistance in completing college entrance and financial aid applications
- Information on the full range of federal student financial aid programs and benefits
Arkansas Counties Served:
Bradley, Clark, Columbia, Dallas, Garland, Hempstead, Hot Spring, Miller, Nevada, Ouachita, Pike, Polk, Union,White
OUR MISSION IS YOUR SUCCESS!!!
Veterans Upward Bound is a federal Trio program that is funded at $250,000 annually (2011-2012) by a grant from the U.S. Department of Education.