Don’t get us wrong, books are great. Actually, they’re beyond great. They’re essential tools for learning, especially at this level. But what’s also essential is seeing how the information and theory contained in those books play out in the avenues of everyday life.
One of the hallmarks of the Henderson experience is exactly that… letting students roll up their sleeves and apply what they know in meaningful research settings. What sets us apart is that, as an undergraduate, you’ll work side-by-side with esteemed faculty in the kind of state-of-the-art facilities and on the kind of groundbreaking projects that, at most schools, are usually reserved for graduate students.
Smart. Very smart.
April 26 - 27, 2013
Abstract submission is now closed.
On-line Registration is also closed. You are welcome to come and register on-site. Please see conference page for details.
Each year Henderson students join other exceptional students from across the state in the Arkansas Undergraduate Research Conference. This two-day conference, which is hosted each year right here on the Henderson campus, enables students to rub shoulders with some of the state’s most esteemed scholars across the spectrum of academic disciplines, as well as present their own research.Here’s just a handful of research presentations made at recent AURCs.
- Preparation of Ionic Liquid Diesters and Diols
- Perspective and Paranoia: Analysis of Will Eisner’s Spirit Story “Foul Play”
- African American Identity and the Organization: The Consequences of Keeping it Hidden
- Women, Education, and Advancement
- Distinguishing Characteristics of Caddo Art
- Psychological Effects of Media: Aggressive Behavior
- Electric Dreams: How Video Games and Relaxation Exercises Influence Dream Content
- Investigation of Carbon Nanotube Doped YBCO Superconductors
Links to Undergraduate Research conferences and Resources.
Research Funding Request Form
Information on Arkansas Statewide SURF Grants
Research Experiences for Undergraduates (NSF link)
National Conference on Undergraduate Research (NCUR)
Council on Undergraduate Research (CUR)
The Arkansas Academy of Sciences
Metamorphosis—A Journal of Undergraduate Research Published by COPLAC
Pictures from previous Arkansas undergraduate research conferences