Registration and Class Information
To attend Henderson's ESL Program
International students must first be admitted to HSU via the International
Programs Office. This will start the I-20 process and facillitate
your student Visa in your country.
When a student arrives on campus at HSU
they should visit each of the following:
- the Center for International Programs Office - Int'l House
- our office at the Center for Language Proficiency - Jane Ross House
Health Services with: passport, I-20, and Immunization Records - Mooney Hall
- schedule a placement test to assess the student's English skills
Due to problems with availablity of
travel Visa's in some countries, the Center accepts late arriving
students. * ESL tuition cost may be pro-rated after the fourth week of
classes for late arrivals
- Complete admissions via International
- Receive I-20 and Student Visa
- Email your approximate arrival date to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Arrive on Campus
- Within first 24 hours of arrival bring paperwork to
the International Programs Office, the Center for Language Proficiency, and
Health Services on campus.
- Schedule ESL Placement Test
ESL Class Information -
- Spring and Fall Semesters are 13 weeks.
- Class meets 9:00 a.m. - 12:00 p.m. and 1:00 p.m. - 4:00 p.m. Monday through Thursday.
- Reading, Speaking, Writing and Listening skills as well as TOEFL prep are the focus.
- Our computer lab is open to all current and past students when Lab is not in use by current class.
- Our computer lab uses ELLIS software as well as practice TOEFL test software.
- The Center houses a separate ESL Library from Henderson's main Library which is specific to the needs of our ESL students.
- Students will take monthly fieldtrips and observe American Holidays in order to learn about American Culture.