Residency Requirements for Students


What you need to know about living on campus. The first and most important thing you should know is that Henderson State has a mandatory underclassman requirement to live on campus. 

• All full time students attending the university under age 21 who have completed 59 or fewer hours prior to the first day of classes for the term and are not living at the primary residence of their parents or legal guardians within a 60-mile radius of the university are required to reside on campus. 
• Attaining the age requirement does not void contractual agreements made for housing; provided, however, that a student who will attain the age of 21 prior to the first day of classes for the following spring semester may request a one-semester housing contract/and further provided that a student under 21 who satisfactorily completes 60 or more hours during the first semester may be released from the second semester of the housing contract. A non-refundable application fee is required before the application can be processed. A student who is a military veteran with at least two years of service is exempted from these housing requirements. 
• A married student, living with his/her spouse is exempted from these housing requirements. 
• A single parent may also be exempted from these housing requirements if their child lives with them. 
• This policy applies to transfer students as well. 
This simply means that unless you commute from the home of your parents, you have to live on campus. For most students this means you have to live on campus for the first two years of school (that is if you complete 15 hours per semester). 
Any student choosing to commute to school from the home of a parent must fill out the Permission to Live Off Campus Form. This form must be notarized to make it official. 

Weather Icon
Javascript must be enabled to view the current weather conditions