November 22, 2011 minutes

Henderson State University Assessment Team
Meeting Minutes
November 21, 2011


Present: Wrenette Tedder, Ginger Otwell, Phillip Schroeder, Margaret Hoskins, Brett Serviss, Lecia Franklin, Lenette Bailey-Jones, and Karen Spradlin

Absent: Bob Yehl, Pam Ligon, Bernie Hellums, Joyce Shepherd, Chad Fielding, Debra Coventry, Keri Burkman

Absent: Dr. Vernon Miles

Next Meeting: December 5, 2011 at 4:00 p.m. in the Garrison Center Dawson Room

Announcements
Wrenette Tedder gave an update on the progress by the Team assessment groups in choosing both the academic and administrative assessment awards.
     1. Academic – Ms. Tedder is currently pulling the top choices selected by the groups who reviewed the academic assessment plans.
     2. Administrative – the groups are currently reviewing the administrative assessment plans. Both Blake and Lenette have completed their reviews. The rest will have their plans reviewed and select their top choices by the next meeting. Once they are selected Ms. Tedder will pull the unit documents for the Team.

Brett Serviss updated the Team on the new Assessment website. He is working on getting the skeleton of the website completed. A suggestion was made to include a page about the members of the Team. Phillip Schroeder asked each team member to send him a bio page which included the following information: information about the person, degrees attained, committees the person is on, date of employment, what areas they represent and any professional development information. He asked that the bios be e-mailed to him by the next meeting date. No photos will be needed for the website.

Karen Spradlin gave a committee progress report on the History of Assessment at HSU document. The committee members have met with Wrenette Tedder to discuss what is needed for the document. Another meeting will be set once Ms. Tedder pulls her calendar information showing dates of training, meetings with departments, etc. Ms. Spradlin noted that there are several Team minutes that need to be found in order to complete the document. A copy of the working document (see attachment) was distributed to the Team to look over prior to the next meeting. Dr. Schroeder asked the Team to look through their e-mails to see if they have any of the missing minutes.

Discussion
With the upcoming HLC visit approaching, Phillip Schroeder asked the Team for ideas on how to publicize assessment and the visit. The following ideas were discussed:
     1. Meeting with SGA, Greek Council, and any other student organizations possible to talk about the upcoming visit
     2. Mock forums with faculty and staff – this will be a formal invitation to the individuals
     3. Table tents for CADDO cafeteria tables that would talk about different points of assessment
     4. Possible article in the Oracle

Dr. Schroeder asked the Team to send him any other suggestions for publicity.

The meeting was adjourned at 4:51 p.m.
 

 

 
about Henderson
 
 
 
 
Weather Icon
Javascript must be enabled to view the current weather conditions