September 22, 2005 minutes

Henderson State University Assessment Team
Meeting Minutes
Thursday, September 22, 2005


Present: Wrenette Tedder, Ginger Otwell, Lecia Franklin, Haroon Khan, Bruce Smith, Carl Stark, David Thigpen, Bob Yehl, Jennifer Holbrook, and Pam Ligon

Absent: SGA Representative, Graduate Representative

Guest: Eula Thomas

Next Meeting: Thursday, October 6, 2005

Announcements
Wrenette Tedder announced that TracDat training has begun. The Deans were contacted regarding the faculty members who would need to attend the training. Vice Presidents were contacted regarding what staff members would need to attend the training. Tedder asked for volunteers to help her with the training sessions.

Tedder announced future committee meetings will be held every other Thursday at 3:00 p.m. in the Dawson Room.

Tedder stated the committee needs to start spreading the word about assessment to employees and to students. The committee will be accomplishing this during the 2005-06 year by holding Tuesday/Thursday roundtable meetings with employees to discuss assessment during the 12:30-1:30 time period. They will also be speaking with the various student organizations. 

Discussion 
Copies of the proposed catalog assessment statement were passed out. Tedder opened discussion on changes to the statement to make it Henderson’s assessment statement. Members of the committee asked that a subcommittee be set up to look over the statement and present the final version at the next meeting. The subcommittee members are: Bruce Smith, Bob Yehl, and Pam Ligon. The committee members agreed to meet prior to the next scheduled meeting and work on the Henderson assessment statement for the catalog.

Tedder stated the Institutional Assessment Plan has to be completed and asked for volunteers to assist her with the plan. A subcommittee was established and will be meeting in November. The members of the subcommittee are: Carl Stark, Jennifer Holbrook, Ginger Otwell and Wrenette Tedder. 

An assessment newsletter needs to be established and sent out every two months. Tedder asked for volunteers to help with the newsletter. The goal of the newsletter is to be more interactive with employees and let them know what is going on. Ginger Otwell volunteered to put the newsletter together; however, the Assessment Committee will be responsible for getting articles for the newsletter. 

Tedder spokeabout the TracDat system and the Assessment Committee needs to produce a list of Objective names that everyone needs to use when naming objectives for their plan. This will help in pulling reports out of the TracDat system. Bruce Smith agreed to work with Tedder to brainstorm on names prior to the next committee meeting. 

Items for Next Meeting
The assessment statement for the catalog will be finalized.

The list of objective names for TracDat will be finalized.

The meeting was adjourned at 4:45 p.m.
 

 

 
about Henderson
 
 
 
 
Weather Icon
Javascript must be enabled to view the current weather conditions