Foster Technology Center
The first floor of Foster is the Tech Center that is available to any HSU student. In the center of the first floor is the Henderson HelpDesk which is available to assist students with technology questions. This is also where students can check out devices such as iPads, Android Tablets, and more. At one end of the building is a computer lab that is available 24 hours a day. The lab has numerous PC's as well as some Mac's. The other end of the building is an area with couches so that students can study, socialize, or just relax.
There are numerous devices that are available for students to check out. The most notable would have to be iPads because they are the most recognizable. Some other tablet devices that are available are the Samsung Galaxy tablet, the Motorola Xoom, HTC flyer, Asus eePad, and more. To get a full list of tablet devices available, you are welcome to stop by the first floor of foster, or you can contact the helpdesk.
The helpdesk also has Xboxes, PlayStation 3s, some games for the devices, and 3d glasses available to use in one of the rooms found on either end of the building. Each room is available by reservation.
There are 4 rooms that are available for reservations on the first floor of Foster. These rooms can be used for study sessions, watching movies, playing on a xbox/playstation, etc... Students may use these rooms without a reservation, but will be requested to relinquish the room when someone who has a reservation arrives. All reservations must be made at the front desk of Foster. Here are the primary rules for a reservation:
- Devices - Every device that is checked out requires the student to present his/her student ID and a drivers license (or other valid picture ID), and the devices are not allowed to leave the building.
- Room Reservations - Reservations can only be made 1 day in advance unless it is for an educational purpose
- Room Reservations - Reservations can only be up to 2 hours long without special permission
- Room Reservations - A student is only allowed to reserve a room for up to 2 hours per day without special permission (i.e. 2 reservations for 1 1/2 hours is not permitted, but 2 reservations for 1 hour each is allowed)
- Room Reservations - After the alotted reservation time has passed it is possible for the student to continue to use the room and device assuming there is not a reservation for that room or device. Should to student wish to use it beyond the reserved time, the student is responsible for confirming that there are no pending reservations during the last 15 minutes of his/her reservation
- Room Reservations - If you do not arrive within the first 15 minutes of your reservation then your reservation may be revoked