HSU Programs in Hot Springs
highlighted in red are links that you can
click for more information).
HSU is now
offering business and education classes in Hot Springs, AR conveniently located at the National
Park Community College (NPCC) campus. The School of Business is accredited by AACSB
International and the Teachers College is accredited by CAEP.
students should adhere to the following steps:
- Fill out the appropriate application forms
- BBA – undergraduate admission form
- BSE – undergraduate admission form
- MBA – graduate admission form
- Submit standardized exam scores, transcripts
and any other needed documentation
- BBA – ACT or SAT
- Students who have earned certain associate’s
degree need not submit test scores (consult Dr. Nathan Campbell at email@example.com or 870-230-5312 to see which
associate’s degrees apply).
- EPP Admission Application
- The Application for Admission into the Educator Preparation Program (EPP) should be completed by the end of the sophomore year or during Teacher Education Orientation EDU 2000. The application may be obtained from the Office of Educator Preparation Admissions/Clinical Experiences, Education Center Room 213, or during EDU 2423 Introduction to Education.
- Minimum GPA of 2.50 (2.65 for Associate of Arts in Teaching)
- Complete the following
- Praxis Core Academic Skills for Educators (Reading Writing, Math)
- Educator Preparation Admission Interview
- Grade C or better in Freshman English A and B, College Algebra, Algebra for Elementary and Middle School, or Math for Liberal Arts (secondary only), and Oral Communication.
- MBA – GMAT
- Students may take up to six credit hours
before taking the GMAT.
- Students with a 3.5 GPA or higher are exempt
from the GMAT.
- If you are a transfer student and/or have
AP/CLEP credit, submit all transcripts. Please consult the Admissions Office for any related questions.
- It is imperative that you consult with your
advisor each academic term. Your acceptance letter will provide the name and
contact info of your advisor. Please contact them for course registration.
- Contact the Financial Aid office and submit any necessary
information. Please check for any tuition and fees.
If you are taking a combination of NPCC/HSU classes, contact NPCC Financial Aid as well.
- If you are an international student, please
contact Dr. Drew Smith, Director of International Student Programs, at firstname.lastname@example.org or 870-230-5265.
- If you have a disability, please contact
Beverly Quillin, Assistant Director of the Disability and Resources Center, at email@example.com or
870-230-5475 at the Disability and Resources Center.
Please note that you have the responsibility of informing each professor of
your classes of your particular disability.
- Obtain your parking sticker from the NPCC
- NPCC library borrowing privileges will be
labeled as “community borrower.”
- To Use NPCC Wi-Fi, contact Tech Support.
- Should you need child care, NPCC offers a list
of child care providers within ten counties. You may contact them for further
- For further policies and procedures, please
read both the NPCC and HSU catalog, and the information present on both the
NPCC and HSU website. For any specific questions concerning NPCC, feel free to
contact Maggie Picking, Vice President for Student Services at NPCC, at firstname.lastname@example.org or 501-760-4203. If you have any questions or concerns about the School of
Business at HSU, feel free to contact Dr. Nathan Campbell, Interim Associate Dean of HSU School of Business, at email@example.com or 870-230-5377. If you have any question or concerns about the Teachers College at HSU, feel free to contact Dr. Celya Taylor, Associate Dean of HSU Teachers College, at firstname.lastname@example.org or 870-230-5232. If you have any question about HSU's partnership with NPCC, feel free to contact Christina Batts, Executive Director HSU - Hot Springs, at email@example.com or 501-617-0032.
- Students interested in the BSE program may register for the Praxis Core exams online at www.ets.org/praxis. Henderson Testing Center is located in Caplinger Airway Science Center Room 121. Admission to Educator Preparation Program is required for all EDU/EDE/RDG 4000 level courses.
- If you are an accepted HSU student, you may visit myhenderson.hsu.edu to register, see your casses, view financial aid, and check your account balance. Use your Henderson assigned username to log in.