What are my options if I am sexually assaulted?

If a sexual assault occurs, it can be a very traumatizing event, but there are ways to get help.

On Henderson State University campus, you can get in touch with a variety of people who will help you with the situation including RAs, faculty and staff members, University Police, and the Student Health and Counseling Center.

Call the Arkansas Crisis Response Hotline at 1-800-977-5776. It is open 24 hours a day, is toll free to call and is confidential. 

Many people who are victims of sexual assault believe it is their fault and don't do anything about it.  The feelings that follow sexual assault are not something that just go away, so even if no criminal charges are filed, talking with a professional can help.

There are several informative websites that can help you understand and make decisions: