Travel Credit Card

The travel card, or Tcard, is a corporate credit card issued by U.S. Bank to individual employees of the state for state business travel. This account does not affect your personal credit record.


  • Full-time HSU employee
  • Overnight travel an average of three or more times per year
  • Approval by appropriate travel supervisor or travel administrator
  • Training and assessment
  • Henderson State University travel card agreement

Benefits of the travel card

  • Cardholder convenience
  • Internet purchases and reservations for allowable expenses
  • Reduce the amount of personal funds that must be expended
  • Reduce the need for travel advances

Cardholder responsibilities

Activate card

Register your card online at

Monitor account

  • Monitor travel card account online regularly for any fraudulent charges (weekly viewing is recommended)
  • Online account access also allows viewing and printing of account activity and statements

Lost or stolen card

  • Contact U.S. Bank immediately at 800-344-5696
  • Notify the travel card liaison Karen Spradlin at 870-230-5890 or
  • Failure to notify U.S .Bank immediately may result in the cardholder being personally responsible.

Credit card declined

  • Monthly Limit - Have you exceeded the limit within the billing cycle? (Billing cycle begins on the 16th of one month and ends the 15th of the following month)
  • One-Time Transaction Limit - Have you exceeded the transaction limit?
  • Blocked MCC (merchant category code) - Have you attempted to use the card at an establishment that may have a blocked MCC?
  • Inactive Card - Did you call U.S. Bank at 800-344-5696 to activate the card?


State of Arkansas travel credit cards are issued to individual state employees who have been approved by their agency.

  • T-cards are nontransferable
  • The cardholder's name and agency name are imprinted on the card
  • Only the employee whose name is on the card can use the card or account number for their business travel expenses
  • If the cardholder is designated as the responsible party for student group travel, the card holder may pay allowable travel expenses for official members of the group.

Allowable charges

Include, but are not limited, to:

  • Airline tickets
  • Baggage fees (limit one bag)
  • Conference registration fees
  • Emergency supplies (justification required)
  • Hotel / lodging (room and taxes only)
  • Meals for student groups (with prior approval from state)
  • Parking fees
  • Postage (justification required)
  • Rental car
  • Rental car gas
  • Shuttle
  • Taxi
  • Tips on allowed meals (up to 15% of meal cost)

Nonallowable charges

Include, but are not limited, to:

  • Alcohol
  • Entertainment
  • First class airline tickets
  • Gas for state or personal vehicle
  • Meals
  • Movies, laundry or other charges to hotel room
  • Room service
  • Tips for anything except pre-approved allowable meals
  • Valet

Budget awareness

Attempt to include all travel related expenses when entering the requisition to prevent unexpected budget deficits.


Measures will be implemented for infractions including, but not limited to,

  • Personal purchase
  • Intentional abuse or misuse
  • Missing receipts
  • Failure to encumber funds before charging
  • Repeated untimely paperwork submission

If an infraction occurs, he cardholder has the option of taking an online refresher assessment with no interruption in privileges.

If the same infraction occurs within a 12 month period, the following guidelines may be enforced:

  • Personal Purchases - immediate restitution and revocation of card privileges
  • Intentional Misuse or Abuse - card privileges will be immediately revoked with possible disciplinary and legal action
  • Missing Receipts or Untimely Documents:Failure to Encumber Funds Before Charges are Made - possible suspension of card privileges
    • 1st Offense - 3- day suspension of card privileges
    • 2nd Offense within 12 Months - 12 month suspension of privileges
    • 3rd Offense - privileges will be revoked
  • Failure to follow other state and HSU travel and t-card guidelines may result in suspension or other restrictions.


  • Enter one requisition using:  Vendor #54013 - U.S. Bank (Travel Card) for expenses expected to be charged to Tcard
    • Obtain a p.o. number for this requisition before using the card.
  • Enter another requisition using traveler's name for out-of-pocket expenses expected to be reimbursed (i.e. meals, mileage)
  • Timely Paperwork
    • Reconciliation form with appropriate signatures and receipts are due to travel liaison within five business days of charge
    • Airline tickets are generally purchased in advance. The t-card documents would be due within five days of purchase regardless of travel date.
    • Accurate, detailed, original receipts are required for each transaction

Travel reimbursement requests (TR-1)

  • TR-1 with appropriate receipts are due to accounts payable after travel is complete
  • Meal receipts are not required with a TR-1; however, only the actual amount should be requested up to the maximum allowed
  • Include only expenses to be reimbursed to traveler
  • If claiming meals on the TR-1 and the lodging was paid by credit card (CC), please note it on the TR-1 without charge amounts
  • State regulations do not allow reimbursement of meals without overnight travel.

Helpful hints

  • Before you travel, check you available credit online
  • If in charge of a student group, have you received authorization for meals?
  • Save the U.S. Bank contact information in your phone in case your card is lost or stolen
  • Sign up for real-time fraud alerts from U.S. Bank to be alerted via text or email of flagged charges
  • Bookmark on your computer